Subject: OpenDocument v1.2 Draft 9

Dear TC members,

As announced by Patrick, I have uploaded a version of the draft that
Patrick has uploaded with updated attribute and element lists:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/31195/OpenDocument-v1.2-draft9.odt

I have called it draft 9. This will be the draft that we will consider
to progress to a first Committee Draft on Monday.

In order to generate the attribute and element list, I had to make a few
changes, and I notices a few errors. None of the changes I made was
however substantial. A summary of the changes is below.

Summary of changes between draft 8i and 9.

- In chapter 19, all "attribute-" anchors have been renamed to
"property-". This was required for the generation of attribute and
element lists.
- Michael Stahl, Sun's OpenOffice.org metadata expert who stand in for
Svante while he is on a leave of absence, verified my integration of the
metadata proposal. He found a few errors that I did correct, and he had
a few suggestion how to better structure the metadata chapter. All these
changes are marked with a yellow background color. They are already in
the draft that Patrick uploaded, but I anyway wanted to announce them.

I have further corrected a few errors that the style sheets I'm using
for consistency checks and the generation of attribute and element
lists detected. In most cases, an attribute was described for an element
where it
cannot occur itself, but only for a child/descendant element:
- 18.5: anim:command: I've added a "within a descendant element of
<office:presentation>" for the same reason as described for 18.6.
- 18.6 anim:formula: There was a description of this attribute for
<office:presentation>, although that element cannot have an amin:formula
attribute. What was meant here was the case that an anim:formula appears
at any descendant element of <office:presentation>. That's actually the
case for all anim:formula attributes, since only presentations support
animations. I've corrected this by merging 18.6.1 "General" and 18.6.2
"<office:presentation>" into one section, and replacing a "child element"
with "descendant element".
- 18.65 dr3d:ambient-color: Added an property-dr3d:ambient-color anchor.
- 18.204: draw:name: There was a description for the element
<office:styles>, but that cannot take a draw:name attribute. I've copied
the content of the section to the descriptions of <svg:linarGradient>
and <svg:radialGradient>, where it belongs to, and removed the section.
- 18.441 smil:targetName. The was a description of this attribute for
<office:presentation>. Like for 18.6, the smil:targetName cannot appear
at <office:presentation> itself, but only for its descendants, and the
values described for <office:presentation> can be used regardless where
the attribute occurs. I have corrected this by merging all of the sub
sections into one.
- 18:475: style:data-style-name: There was a description for
<presentation:date-time>, although that element does not have this
attribute. Only <presentation:date-time-decl> may have this attribute,
but that's described, too. I have deleted the section.
- 18:475: style:data-style-name: There was a description for
<text:page-number>, although that element does not have this
attribute. I have deleted the section, which probably did exist because
the descriptive text in ODF 1.1 erroneously mentioned that attribute.
- 18.505: style:next-style-name: There was a description for
<office:spreadsheet>, although that element does not have this
attribute. I have deleted the section, which actually was just a copy of
the description for <style:master-page>, which is valid for text and
spreadsheet documents.
- 18.542: style:width: There was a description for
attribute. I have deleted the section, which actually was just a copy of
the description for <style:column-sep>, which is a child of <style:columns>.
- 18.599 table:cell-range-address: There was a description for
attribute. I have deleted the section, which actually was just a copy of
the description for <table:source-cell-range>, which is a child of
- 18.617 table:data-type: There was a description for
attribute. I have deleted the section, which actually was just a copy of
the description for <table:sort-by>, which is a child of
- 18.617 text:start-value: There was a description for
<text:list-style>, although that element does not have this
attribute. I have deleted the section, which actually was just a copy of
the description for <text:list-level-style-number>, which is a child of
<text:list-style>.
- 19.320 style:print-content: There was a description for
this attribute. I have deleted the section, which actually was just a
copy of the description for <style:table-cell-properties>.
- 19.329 style:rel-width: The description for the
which now has two sub sections.
- 19.383 style:vertical-pos: There was a description for
attribute. I have deleted the section, which actually was just a copy of
the description for <style:column-sep>, which is a descendant of
- 19.391 style:writing-mode: There was a description for
I have deleted the section, which actually was just a copy of the
description for <style:page-layout-properties>.
- 19.403 table:display: The "attribute-" prefix in the anchor was missing.

I did also improve the generation of the attribute and element lists itself:
- For formatting properties, the reference mark now gets a name starting
with "property-" rather than with "attribute-".
- References to attributes that are children of one of <*-properties>
reference into chapter 19, while all others reference into chapter 18.
- If an element may contain <text/>, this is now mentioned in addition
to the child elements.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten