Subject: Re: [office] The Rule of Least Power

On Thursday 12. February 2009 15:58:26 ext Jirka Kosek wrote:
> robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> > However, I could give you equally plausible extension attributes which
> > would require entirely different processing, and in fact would lead to
> > horribly corrupted documents if the same processing rules were
> > indiscriminately applied.
>
> Indeed. But even if ODF will use the simplest policy that application
> should strip unknown extension elements/attributes this problem will be
> eliminated.

I agree. The norm should be to remove XML that is not part of ODF and which
the app can't handle. I think this is what the current spec says.

This removal is expected by an ODF implementation that saves those properties.
So arguing it is a bad thing that we loose it is more like arguing the
app-developers choose the wrong extention concept.

--
Thomas Zander

This is a digitally signed message part.