Subject: Re: [office] Re: Foreign attributes in <*-properties> elements

On Friday 13. February 2009 09:16:22 ext Michael Brauer - Sun Germany -
ham02 - Hamburg wrote:
> "A conforming consumer *shall* display a documents that contains a
> particular element or attribute not defined by this specification, as it
> would if the element or attribute would not be present."

In principle I would be fine with this.

The wording needs some work as this might have one problem for non-complete
implementations (consumers).
Imagine a property (drop caps for instance) that is not supported by an
implementation, per my reading it would fail the above clause because it
misses a feature. So its unwanted collateral damage.

But I have no problem with saying the namespaced odf-extensions should not be
meant to change the rendering of the object in strict docs.

--
Thomas Zander

This is a digitally signed message part.