Subject: Re: [office] The Rule of Least Power

Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote on 02/13/2009 10:11:46 AM:

> Expected processing is the key to a standard, if of interest.
>
> Browsers set a 'standard' by defining the expected processing behaviour
> to 'show text content as plain text'. That suffices for a browser.
>
> Ignore other uses of extensions until this aspect is defined for ODF.

Dave, so I understand you perfectly, by "ignore" what exactly do you mean:

1) Don't allow them in conformant ODF documents?
2) Allow them in conformant ODF documents, but define a processing rule
that says to ignore them?
3) Allow them in conformant documents, but do what HTML does, namely show
the element content, presumably treating it as if it were content of the
nearest ancestor node that is not in an extension namespace?
4) Something else?