Subject: Re: [office] Foreign attributes in <*-properties> elements

2009/2/15 Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann@zagge.de>:

> I agree with Rob here that it would be nice if these values could be kept if a
> different application loads and saves the document. For myself I is also fine
> if an application would strip these attributes.

Which?

Why would an application (you don't constrain to a type of application
such as an office type of application of ODF) do this?

What attributes/elements? All in any foreign namespace?
For what purpose?

Would you put this requirement on all ODF applications?

This does not seem sensible as a general constraint.

I.e. I'd propose that no application is required to retain
foreign attributes or elements when saving back to file.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.