Subject: RE: [office] TC meeting times during Daylight Savings Timetransition

This works for us...
-Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:21 PM
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org

It is that time of the year again.  The US and Europe differ on when to
change to DST.  And China and South Africa do not change at all.

(I'm not sure of Brazil.  I think you subtract an hour rather than add
one, right?  On what date do you change?)

In any case, we currently meet each Monday at the following time:

1500 UTC

0700 Seattle
1000 New York
1200 Sao Paulo
1600 Paris/Hamburg
2300 Beijing

On March 8th, the clocks are set ahead 1 hour in the United States.  In
the past we have changed the meeting time so the time remains constant in
the US, but moves 1 hour earlier for the rest of the world.

So starting with the TC meeting of March 9th the meeting time would be:

1400 UTC

0700 Seattle
1000 New York
1100 Sao Paulo
1500 Paris/Hamburg
2200 Beijing

Europe then changes their clocks on the last Sunday in March, so we would
adjust the meeting time once more, keeping the US times constant, starting
on April 6th:

1400 GMT

0700 Seattle
1000 New York
1100 Sao Paulo
1600 Paris/Hamburg
2200 Beijing

I assume that members in the US, whose meeting time does not change
through this process, will have no objections, since nothing changes for
them.  Beijing should be happy, since the meeting doesn't go until
midnight now.  But what about the others?  Will this change be a problem
for anyone?

Please raise any concerns on the list.  We can briefly discuss this on
next week's call.

Regards,