Subject: review of editor's notes in chapters 15 and 16

Hi Patrick,

I had a look at the editor's notes in chapters 15 and 16 of our ODF 1.2
specification, committee draft 1.

Here are my proposed solutions/questions/comments:
- ed. note in "15.2.1 <style:map>"
Unfortunately, no input from my side to this ed. note

- ed. note in "15.3 <style:default-style>"
Yes, there can be default styles for the mentioned style families. But,
I do not see any reason, why we have to define these default styles.
IMHO, the ODF supporting application creating ODF documents defines its
own default styles.

- ed. note in "15.5 <style:default-page-layout>"
Same as for previous ed. note: Each ODF supporting application creating
ODF documents defines its own default formatting properties for page layout.

- ed. notes in "15.14 Data Styles" (stuff about <number:...> elements)
No input from my side to the ed. notes in this sub chapter, because I am
not an expert in this area.

- ed. note in "15.16.1 <text:linenumbering-configuration>"
I do not know, why this sentence makes you think that we have not
defined the default styles. But, as pointed out about the default style
are not defined.
In my opinion, the sentence in the ed. note should be integrated back
into the specification text.

- ed. note in "15.28 <style:presentation-page-layout>"
No input from my side to this ed. note - I am not an expert in the
presentation area.

- ed. note in "16.2.1 <style:background-image>"
I agree to the changes made and described by this ed. note.

Best regards, Oliver.

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
Nagelsweg 55             Software Engineer - OpenOffice.org/StarOffice
20097 Hamburg
Germany                  Fax:   (+49 40) 23 646 955
http://www.sun.de        mailto:oliver-rainer.wittmann@sun.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft:

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann (od) - OpenOffice.org Writer