Subject: RE: [office] Defect severity

Dennis,

This is not an attempt to remove subjective risk assessment from the
defect categorization process.  It is merely an attempt to provide a
framework for us to use when subjectively evaluating defects, hopefully
something more useful that ISO's binary technical/editorial
classification.  In the end it is still subjective.  Implicitly, the
scheme is "Sev 0, where the ODF TC agrees that the defect is such that..."
and "Sev 1, where the ODF TC agrees that the defect is such that...", etc.

But to the extent we have the input of all of the major ODF stakeholders,
vendors as well as user and government adopters of ODF, I think we'll do
well.

I throw these definitions up on the Wiki and we can elaborate on them
there.  I'll also add a severity column to the comment registry, so we can
start tracking them there as well.