Subject: Re: [office] Conforming OpenDocument Text Document, etc.

On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 22:39 -0400, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> To accomplish there we need to either ensure that producers write the data
> consistently, or that consumers use a more complicated heuristic to
> determine document type.  I'm inclined to believe that this will work best
> if we require both.

I find it greatly disturbing that the standard would try to force an
application to show certain latin letters in a file name just to have
that file to be considered a conformant document.

Perhaps if you weren't used to writing in the latin alphabet it would be
more obvious that having such cryptic (and in the user's language likely
meaningless) letter combinations attached to a file name.

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow
Concordia University College of Alberta