Subject: Remaining issues in ODF 1.2 draft

Greetings!

With the help of many contributions from the Sun team in particular, I
have resolved a number of the editorial notes in the current draft.

That is not to say that I was able to resolve all of them.

And, note that we have a number of "issues" pending from the public
comment list, which we are slowly covering in our meetings.

I suppose to some degree I am like Rob Weir. I think that noting an
issue in the some 700+ pages of the current draft should be enough
notice to interest others in working on it. ;-) Apparently that is not
the case. Which is as much my fault as anyone's.

So, for the issues that remain and/or that I have discovered in this
latest round of edits, I will be posting messages to the mailing list.
That should feed into Rob's issue tracking and to be honest, give us
better issue tracking than we have used to date.

It will take some time to complete all the postings, in part because I
don't want to exhaust everyone.

Whenever possible I will be listing a default position. That is a
resolution that I will insert into the text if no one offers a better
one or at least an objection to my proposal. That won't always be
possible but I will try.

It will be a busy time but I think with some skillful use of email we
can complete the final push towards an ODF 1.2 public review draft.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)