Subject: RE: Re: [office] <style:default-style>, <style:default-page-layout>

From: Jomar Silva [mailto:jomar.silva@br.odfalliance.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 05:48
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Res: Re: [office] <style:default-style>,

+1
------Mensagem original------
De: Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems
Remetente:Oliver-Rainer.Wittmann@Sun.COM
Para:office@lists.oasis-open.org
Enviada em: Abr 16, 2009 09:41

Hi,

Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:
> On 04/14/09 23:41, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
>> If you define the attributes for a default style then you will need to
>> make a specific statement about many locale dependent items such as
>> text direction, decimal separators, even typeface.  Locales that use
>> the defaults stated by the standard will then be able to have more
>> concise markup, since they could assume the defaults.  And locales
>> that differ from the defaults would require more verbose markup since
>> they would need to override those defaults 100% of the time.
>
> I agree. And in fact, even in OpenOffice.org, there is no single
> universal default style, but the default style is generated based on
> locale information. Further, the user has the option to specify some of
> these defaults manually.
>
> Which is to say that I'm in favor of keeping the default styles
> implementation dependent.

I agree to Rob's and Michael's opinion.

Best regards, Oliver.

P.S.: We have proposal "Add default values" -
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/Add_default_values - in progress in
order to define at least a part of default values for certain attributes

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
Nagelsweg 55             Software Engineer - OpenOffice.org/StarOffice
20097 Hamburg
Germany                  Fax:   (+49 40) 23 646 955
http://www.sun.de        mailto:oliver-rainer.wittmann@sun.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft: