Subject: Re: [office] Review of CD01 Rev 4

Hi Michael,

Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:
> Hi Patrick, all,

[...]

> 8.1: I agree that eliminating terms like "similar" is reasonable, but
> I'm wondering whether we should anyway keep the information that the ODF
> tables use the same underlying model as HTML tables, because this may
> help to understand the specification.

+1

> What about adding a note after the first paragraph:
>
> "Note: This table model basically equals that of HTML and XSL."

+1

> I'm further wondering whether we should keep the paragraphs that explain
> how tables are displayed in text documents and spreadsheets. Suggestion:
>
> "Table rows may be empty, and rows within the same table may contain a
> different number of table cells.

I would say:

"Table rows and cells may be empty. Depending on the representation of
empty content, identical tables may be represented with a different
number of rows and cells.

> Note: .... To save space, implementations may ...

I'll bet this would get an comment on the public list ;-), asking to
define 'space'. How about "To save storage resources, ..."?

[...]

That's all for now. Haven't been through section 17 and 18 yet, which is
more than half of the document.

Best regards,
Peter

--
Peter Junge
Open Source Strategy Director

Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software Co., Ltd.
Building No.2, Block A, Huilongsen, 18 Xihuan Nanlu
Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area
100176 Beijing - P.R.China

北京红旗中文贰仟软件技术有限公司
地址:北京经济技术开发区(亦庄)西环南路18号汇龙森A座二层
邮编:100176