Subject: RE: [office] office-comment -> JIRA migration

"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote on 05/05/2009
05:45:27 PM:

> 1. Looks interesting.  It is difficult to know exactly what all the
> materials and repetitions are in the test database.  I do notice they
seem
> to be in reverse order.  (That is, the most-recent ones tend to have the
> lowest numbers, based on my examination of all the "Public Comment:
> mix-height( ODF 1.2)" ones.  The information seems to be as you describe
it,
> below.

Thanks for pointing out the reverse order thing.  That is the order they
show up in the mailing list archives.  But is probably more useful for us
to enter them in chronological order, so I'll reverse them before
importing.

> 2. I assume that it is possible to edit other aspects of the entry, such
as
> components, affects versions, the description, the priority, etc.

Yes, there is an "Edit this issue" link under "Operations" on the left of
the issue details screen.  Do you see that?  Or is it only available to TC
Chairs?  Make sure you are logged in.

I don't see any easy heuristic for automatically assigning these details.
In the future we can do some simple things, such as defining a date range
of a public review and automatically assigning versions based on that. But
for now, everything is coming through with these other fields set to their
defaults.

> 3. It would be good to allow sub-tasks.  I don't see a button for that,
but
> it may be that is because I am not the reporter.  But subtasks will be
> useful, especially for comments that have multiple parts and/or apply
> differently to different versions of specifications.

They call it a "subtask".  I can see an action for that, directly above
"Edit this issue".

> 4. I have added some issues to the main repository, but I have not seen
any
> e-mail notices.  They may have gone un-noticed in my junk mail filter,
but I
> don't think so.  I just added another and it hasn't shown up anywhere
that I
> can see.

Mary has disabled the notifications for tonight, while I do the migration.
 But I don't recall seeing them yesterday, when you entered the test
items.  So shhh....  I think we'll like it better this way.

-Rob

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mod