Subject: Re: [office] Contributing features

Rob,

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Do you have something written up, either use cases or a proposal document?

yes, this document is 99% ready, we also have a modified schema based on
ODF 1.2 CD1, rev05.

> You might start by posting the material to either the mailing list or the
> document repository and start a discussion that way.

OK, I will go ahead soon.

> Or, if you prefer, put the details on the Wiki and then send a note to the
> mailing list linking to the Wiki page.

OK, I would really like to also put our proposal on the wiki. As I'm not
used to all OASIS policies yet, I just wanted to make sure, that I'm not
starting kind of inescapable process.

> I'm sure you will get some preliminary feedback.
>
> IMHO, since this type of table header is unfamiliar to most Western users,
> it would be good to start with some examples and use cases, or even a
> short requirements documents, that describe at a high level the
> capabilities that are desired.  We'll also need to talk to the
> Accessibility Subcommittee at some point, since navigation of tables for
> the blind will need to be considered.

I agree that he A11Y SC must review the proposal, as it will certainly
have an significant impact on navigation. We will try to prepare some
use cases. I'm sure we will finish before the end of this week.

Best regards,
Peter