Subject: RE: [office] Using JIRA

The single best thing would be to scrap the comment list altogether and
allow the public to create new issues, and comment on existing issues
directly into JIRA, subscribe to RSS feeds, get email notifications, etc.

But this is not a decision the TC can make.  The comment list is
intertwined into OASIS IPR rules and the conformation email when
subscribing to that list is key for proving that the poster agreed to the
Feedback Licence.  That said, it doesn't look that there is a particularly
impossible technical problem to solve here.   It should work.   But we
need to walk before we can run.  Right now we JIRA is being rolled out
slowly to a few TC's like ours.  Let's develop some best practices for how
we use it for our tasks, note what works and what doesn't, and then make a
case for OASIS switching on public access.  It won't happen overnight, but
change happens.  Heck, just a couple of years ago, OASIS had no wikis, no
subversion, not JIRA, no webinars, etc.  And look at us now.

-Rob

"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote on 05/26/2009
02:10:02 PM:

> Good point about cluttering the list.
>
> In that case, if it were up to me, I would respond to the submitter
directly
> and not to the comment list.  I am not proposing that be taken on as an
ODF