Subject: Re: [office] JIRA Work Flow Proposal, was Re: [office] All done

Rob,

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> This sounds good.  I'd suggest two other possibilities:
>
> 1) We probably need a way to suggest that a particular item requires
> discussion by the TC, because it is a large change or controversial.  JIRA
> doesn't have  a workflow state that corresponds to this.  So, I think we
> need to rely on TC members (including Patrick) to nominate items for TC
> meeting agendas, that they think require additional discussion.  Maybe
> they also add a comment to the JIRA issue, something we can search for
> like "Hold for Discussion".  This would indicate that we do not trigger
> the "Apply" state change until discussed.  Of course, the vast majority of
> issues are editorial or minor and will require no in depth discussion, and
> would make it into the proposed CD for review and approval at that time.

Yes, but with the caveat that even issues that need discussion may not
need to wait for time on a TC call. To the extent possible (it isn't
always) I would like to see the TC list used for discussion and
resolution of issues.
> 2) It is possible that some of the editor notes are found to be invalid,
> or should be deferred for the next version of ODF.  So it is possible that
> some comments might not go to the create->open->resolve->apply->close
> states, but might go directly create->close, or create->assign to
> ODF-Next.  These will probably be rare.

Well, not just editorial notes (although that is what we are discussing)
but other comments as well could go into an "assign to ODF-Next" status.

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

Patrick