Subject: RE: [office] TC Liaison with JTC1/SC34

Jamie,

We've started discussing this on the ODF TC list.  With regard to the Ad hoc
WG on IS 26300 maintenance, is it necessary for OASIS delegates to be
members of SC34 as well, or is it open to anyone on the ODF TC who is able
to participate (with the concurrence of the TC and OASIS)?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: James Bryce Clark [mailto:jamie.clark@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 08:21
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Robert Weir; 'Laurent Liscia'
Subject: [office] TC Liaison with JTC1/SC34

Dear OpenDocument TC members:

[ ... ]

In addition, SC34 has just announced a new OpenDocument-specific "Ad
Hoc WG on ISO/IEC 26300 Maintenance".  See
http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/1221.htm

If the TC wishes, it would be appropriate for you to designate OASIS
TC members willing to serve as a bridge on this panel as well.  As
you can see from the announcement, the working group expects to meet
in Seattle.  (It's likely that one of us from OASIS will attend as
well.)

Would the TC like to designate some TC member(s) as its
representative(s)?  You could do so by a simple resolution at your
next meeting.  If so, we will pass along the names together, as
OASIS' nominees to the SC34 WG.  I'd ask that if there are multiple
designees, the TC name one as primary, for ease of coordination.

[ ... ]