Subject: Re: [office] JIRA Guidelines

Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> wrote on 06/22/2009 11:39:01 AM:

> Just a quick comment on one aspect of the JIRA guidelines that Rob is
> going to write up.
>
> There are cases where the schema needs to be amended as well as the
prose.

> Since those are in separate documents, I have been proceeding on the
> assumption that I can comment that the prose has been changed but
> haven't marked issues as *applied* until the schema has also been
changed.

And Michael is updating the schema, right?

> Is that a good idea, bad idea? Some other JIRA workflow would suit it
> better? Really don't want to think about having separate tracking on the

> various prose parts and the schema.
>
> Comments/suggestions?

You could do this in one of two ways:

1) Add a comment that says you've applied the fix to the text but it still
needs to be updated in the schema.  Then reassign the issue to Michael.
When he has applied the change to the schema, then he marks the issue as
"applied".

or

2) Create a "sub-task" for the schema change and assign that one to
Michael.

I think #2 would be the most elegant