Subject: Re: [office] Giving 120%

Dennis,

Just quickly but yes, see Office-1746 draw:blue,
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-1746

I haven't entered the latest explanation that I got concerning the
modification of an existing value.

BTW, 0 - 255 is only one numeric representation of RGB colors, there are
others. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB

Not my area either.

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

Patrick

PS: This was expressed a little better when the color attributes were
treated together but the relationship between an image and modification
of its color space was not clearly stated, at least in my opinion.

Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> The only way that I could make sense of this, assuming -100% goes to dark
> and +100% goes to full-on, is that the % applies to the range between the
> current setting and the extreme.  That is, for the example of a channel
> strength of 26 (0x1A), -% takes chunks out of the range 0 to 26, and +% adds
> chunks to the range 26 to 255 (assuming the usual RGB values), so -100% is
> always 0 and +100% is always 255.
>
> This is a very strange way to do it, but I am not a subject-matter expert on
> how filter settings adjust color levels in graphics work.
>
> All this tells me is that we still don't have the full story.
>
> Is there a JIRA issue on this?
>
>  - Dennis

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34