Subject: OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2009-07-13

OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2009-07-13

* Begin 10:03 EDT

* Rollcall

+Andreas Guelzow
+David Wheeler
+Dennis Hamilton
Doug Mahugh
+Eike Rathke
+Eric Patterson
+Michael Brauer
+MingFei Jia
+Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
+Patrick Durusau
Patrick Strader
+Peter Junge
+Rob Weir (presiding)

Voting Members are indicated with a + before their name.

- 11 of 14 voting members (79%) were in attendance, so quorum requirements
were met.

* Membership notes:

-  Welcome to our newest member, Patrick Strader from Microsoft.
- John Tolbert will be taking a Leave of Absence after this meeting until
August.

* Posted agenda [1] was approved by unanimous consent:

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200907/msg00246.html

* Minutes of the 6 July meeting [2], were approved by unanimous consent:

[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200907/msg00228.html

* Liaisons to JTC1/SC34 Ad Hoc 3 [b]

- Dennis expressed interest in joining the Ad Hoc and attending the
meeting.  Others with interest to bring this up on the list.  We should
vote on our delegation in an upcoming meeting, well before the August 17th
deadline for submitting delegations.

* Defect reports:  N1078

Rob reported that Michael, Patrick, Dennis, Andreas and he have had two
meetings to dispose the submitted comments from SC34 and that we have
proposed resolutions for all but a 3 items.  Members are encouraged to
review the proposed resolutions in JIRA [c] and note any concerns.  The ad
hoc will meet again on July 20th if there are still open issues.

[c]
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10006

* ODF 1.2 Progress

- 50 remaining resolved issue need to be applied, out of the original
editors notes from Sun
- Brief discussion regarding attribute generation and change tracking.
Conclusion is that there will likely be two versions of CD03, a pre-CD03
with all the tracked changes visible, but no updated attributes, and then
the real CD03 which we will vote on, which will have the auto-generated
content, but no change tracking.
- Brief discussion on new policy being considered by OASIS, to make the
schema file be the definitive version if there is a conflict with the
specification.  This should not be a problem for us in ODF 1.2.
- Discussion of JIRA issue OFFICE-1660 regarding smil:attributeName

* Adjournment