Subject: Re: [office] Comments on draft response

Dennis,

On 08/12/09 15:29, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I'm not sure I understand this question:
>
> "But if we [state the errata against the ODF 1.0 OASIS standard], where is
> the difference between informally listing page and line numbers, which may
> refer to a text that differs between ODF 1.0 and ISO 26300, and listing the
> differing text itself?"
>
> I think there is probably no difference, but I want to make sure I
> understand the case you have in mind.  Can you provide an example where this
> is the case?

My (maybe wrong) understanding is that you have concerns with
(informative) adding text from ISO 26300 to the errata, in addition to
the text from ODF 1.0.

What I wanted to say is that I don't see a difference between that, and
adding line numbers from ISO 26300, as we did in the first errata.

So, my suggestion is that we normatively add the original text from the
ODF 1.0 standard, and add the text from ISO 26300 informatively where it
differs.

Does that work for you? If not, what are your concerns?

Michael

>  - Dennis

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS