Subject: Re: [office] Custom display names in data pilot tables

Hi Kohei,

Thanks for sending this proposal along.  As you said, "lots of things have
changed" on the TC.  Let me quickly bring you up to speed on where we are
with ODF 1.2.

Last November we asked had a "last call" for ODF 1.2 feature proposals,
and asked TC members to make any remaining proposals.  We then went
through those proposals in December and January, refining some of them
while deferring others to the next release, "ODF-Next".  Patrick then
integrated all of the new proposals into the draft, which we approved as a
Committee Draft earlier in the spring.  Since then we have been working on
resolving defects reported via the public comment list and doing the final
editorial touches.  We're very close to having ODF 1.2 ready for public
review.

So, although I won't say that we absolutely, positively cannot accept any
new proposals at this point, I do think that there would need to be a very
good argument for adding a new feature now, and a very high degree of
consensus on the TC that we should introduce such a new feature.  And I'd
certainly be afraid that if we open it up for new features, we'll find
that almost every TC member has something they want to add in as well. And
then we'll never end.

So would it be possible to add your proposal to the list of features for
ODF-Next?  The hope is that after the redfrafting of ODF 1.2 is done,
which has had a rather long development cycle, we can produce future
reversions more easily and at more frequent intervals.

If you can do this, you would add the proposal to JIRA and set the "fix
version" field to ODF-Next.

Thanks!

-Rob