Subject: Re: [office] OpenDocument-v1.2-part3-draft12.odt

On 10/16/09 22:00, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote on 10/16/2009
> 03:36:28 PM:
>
> It is certainly reasonable to request that we "divide the question" into
> two ballots.  But at this point it might just be faster to have the two
> votes on Monday's call.

Yes, that is an option as well.

> We'll need to make sure that we can make this distinction on JIRA as well.
>  Maybe we need new "releases" defined in JIRA, for ODF12-PRD1-Part1 for
> the first public review of Part 1, and ODF12-PRD2-Part3 for the 2nd public
> review of Part 3, and eventually ODF12-PRD1-All for the 1st public review
> of all parts.

Right. That adds the versions to "affects version" and "fix for". I
think that works.

> Or is there a better way to do this?
>
>>  - Dennis
>>
>> PS: And the current draft seems to be attracting public comments as it
> is.
>
> That's fine.  I hope it attracts even more comments when it is out for
> public review.  Remember, Part 3 is mainly pre-existing material and we've
> also processed changes for 4 years of public comments.  So I think it is
> pretty good shape.

I agree. We had several drafts for part 3 available in the last two
months, so even if we did not approve it as a Committee Draft so far, it
is not a "new" draft. And while our committee draft already got some
attention outside the TC, the way to request comments from the public is
a public review.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten