Subject: Re: [office] work product review

Hi Mary,

On 11/09/09 15:08, Mary McRae wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>

>>> 4. Specification URIs:
>>> This Version: Needs to point to a location on docs.oasis-open.org;
>>> all 3 formats, and one of the three declared authoritative
>>> Latest Version: similarly, needs to point to the generic location on
>>> docs.oasis-open.org that will retrieve latest version of specs in all
>>> 3 formats
>>> Latest Approved Version: REMOVE; this is no longer part of the template
>>
>> Right now, there are no generic locations for ODF on
>> docs.oasis-open.org. Or at least, I could not find them. Can you
>> please add them, so that we can insert the correct links?
>
> If you look at
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.1/OpenDocument-v1.1.html, you will
> see how the URIs are structured. Note that we no longer use the 'latest
> approved version'. The URIs don't exist until the first iteration of the
> specification is uploaded; since this is a new spec (v1.2 part 3) no
> latest version URI has yet been established. It should follow the
> pattern noted in the 1.1 spec and not contain any stage-specific
> references.

I think I do understand that now. The URI should be

http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/OpenDocument-v1.2-part3.odt

On docs.oasis-open.org, this will become a soft link to the latest
specification.

I noticed that there are two locations for the ODF 1.1 specification,
but did not realize that one is just a generic link to the latest version.

>>> 10. Acknowledgements: the following people are Associate Members and
>>> their company affiliation cannot be listed - either just list the
>>> name, or follow with "Associate"
>>> Manual Cano
>>> Ezer Farhi
>>> David Faure
>>> David Pawson
>>> David Wheeler
>>
>> Is there a method how we can figure out which TC members are Associate
>> Members? They all appear with their affiliation in the TC roster and
>> the public TC member page, so just copying the information from there
>> seems not to work.
>
> There's a little secret. When you look at the roster, you will notice
> that most company names are hypertext links. Some aren't. The ones that
> aren't, are associates. They don't get a hypertext link to their
> corporate home page because they aren't organizational members.

Okay. This helps. Thanks.

>> Best regards
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> --
>> Michael Brauer, Technical Architect Software Engineering
>> StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
>> Sun Microsystems GmbH             Nagelsweg 55
>> D-20097 Hamburg, Germany          michael.brauer@sun.com
>> http://sun.com/staroffice         +49 40 23646 500
>> http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
>>
>> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1,
>>        D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
>> Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
>> Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel
>> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Haering

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten