Subject: Re: [office] So what happens in a public review?

Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM wrote on 11/16/2009 03:47:13 AM:

> I suggest that we add a target "ODF 1.2 part 3 cd01" to JIRA and use
> that for all JIRA issues that refer to the part 3 that is in public
> review, regardless whether they have been submitted by a TC member or
> are copies of public comments. This may help us to find these issues,
> and in particular may help us to create report logs.

A filter based on data range (13 November-12 January) AND component
(Packaging) would find these as well, even if we do not assign a new
version target.  A find version target would work as well.  I don't have a
strong preference on this, so long as we are consistent.

As for exporting from JIRA, we have several options:

A) Define a filter that encompasses all comments and link to that.  For
example we do that with SC34 defect reports:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10012

However, I'm guessing that would not be considered sufficient for OASIS,
since it isn't a fixed report, since JIRA resolutions can be changed or
reversed.

B) Export from JIRA, using one of the supported export options.  For
example, "Full Content" appears to be in a format which might be good:

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-fullcontent/10012/SearchRequest-10012.html?tempMax=1000

However, I'm not sure how well it will survive via cut & paste into plain
text in mail readers.   Here is sample so we can see what it would look
like:

[OFFICE-436] Public Comment: "this section" in 15.28.4??? [N0942#93]
Created: 05/May/09  Updated: 09/Jun/09
Project:
OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC
Component/s:
None
Affects Version/s:
ODF 1.0 (second edition)
Fix Version/s:
ODF 1.0 Errata 01

Type:
Bug
Reporter:
Robert Weir
Assignee:
Unassigned
Resolution:
Unresolved

 Description

Copied from office-comment list

Original author: "MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>

Original date: 28 Apr 2007 17:10:43 -0000
Original URL:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200704/msg00011.html

[OFFICE-437] Public Comment: "the object once-concurrently." in 15.27
[N0942#94] Created: 05/May/09  Updated: 09/Jun/09
Project:
OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC
Component/s:
None
Affects Version/s:
ODF 1.0 (second edition)
Fix Version/s:
ODF 1.0 Errata 01

Type:
Bug
Reporter:
Robert Weir
Assignee:
Unassigned
Resolution:
Unresolved

 Description

Copied from office-comment list

Original author: "MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>

Original date: 28 Apr 2007 17:11:05 -0000
Original URL:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200704/msg00012.html

C) We could do an XML export and then XSLT it into a suitable output
format.  The export format is RSS 0.92.

However we do this, we'll need to have a more discipline in how we encode
items in JIRA.  In particular, I think we should always put something in
the "Resolution" field when disposing an issue.  Today we do it
inconsistently, sometimes putting this kind of information in the
"Proposal" field or even as a comment.  But if we want to easily extract a
disposition of comments report we need to be coding resolutions
consistently.

And remember, we might not get many comments on Part 3, but we need to get
this processing working so we can handle a lot more comments for the
longer Part 1, and eventually the ISO review for all 3 parts, where we
could get hundreds of comments, were some form of automated reporting will
be necessary.

I think C) will give us the most control.  To do this we'll need 1) A
defined JIRA filter that will include all public review comments, and 2)
An XSLT transform from JIRA/RSS to a simple text output listing the issue,
submitter, submit date, resolution and URL of the full JIRA issue.

Regards,