Subject: RE: [office-comment] OASIS Public Review Question

Damn, address auto-completion. Yes, I meant this for the TC list.

In any case, Mary did respond to me, saying that it was possible, and that
if the TC approved a motion to extend the review period of x days, she
would send out an announcement to that effect.

So I think that may be the better solution.  Mary also pointed out that
regardless of the length of the review, many people will just wait until
the last week of the review before looking at it.  That is the human
psychology angle to it.    So you might actually get more comments with a
60 day review followed by a 30 day review than you would by announcing in
advance a 90 day review.

Would that be acceptable to you?  Send out for 60 days now, and then, a
couple weeks before that expires, we can vote to extend it by x days?
We'll probably have a better feel for what an appropriate value of x is at
that point as well.   It isn't clear to me at this point, for example,
whether in 60 days we'll want to extend the review on the same PRD, or
whether we'll want to make a revision in a new CD and send the revisions
out for further review.  It is hard to tell at this point in the game, and
I think we want to keep our options open.  We might also find that
OpenFormula is ready for public review in 60 days and we'll be ready then
to send all three parts out for simultaneous 60 day review.  But if we had
committed up front to a 90 review of Part 1, then we'd be facing a 30-day
delay.  I don't think we want to be in a position where the public review
of all of ODF 1.2 cannot proceed because we're waiting for a public review
of one part of ODF 1.2 to complete.

Regards,

-Rob