Subject: Re: [office] RE: ODF 1.1 and SC 34

Dennis,

Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> There appears to be a production error around font changes that we didn't
> catch in Errata 01.  Looking at OpenDocument-v1.0-errata-01-os.odt, the
> errata item that didn't get fixed is for section 9.3 page 295 line 39 (ODF
> 1.0) or page 299 line 21 (IS 26300):
> The term "scale" should be replaced with "scale".
>
> The second "scale" in the instruction should be in fixed-pitch.
>
> (This is the sentence beginning "The value scale-min equals the value scale,
> ..."  ASIDE: there's a problem with "equals" here, when it really means that
> the value "scale-min" has the same effect as that for value "scale" except
> ... .)

Thanks for the catch!

I can confirm your observation.

There are twenty (20) + occurrences where "equals" is used to mean the
"same as" or "same effect." There are a few legitimate uses of the term
as in the "equals sign," etc.

I have created a JIRA issue on the "equals" language generally.
(OFFICE-2283)
> I thought I had created a JIRA issue about that when we first started using
> JIRA, but I can't find it.

I remember discussion on the list and like you think there was a JIRA
issue but it if isn't showing up I suspect my memory is at fault.
> I will make one now.

Thanks!

Patrick