Subject: Re: [office] ODF 1.0 and IS 26300 not technically equivalent

"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote on 02/01/2010
10:51:01 AM:

> PS: There is a peculiar value to a cumulative errata for the OASIS
> ODF 1.0 Standard. We will need to transform it selectively into a
> single Errata document for the OASIS ODF 1.1 Standard and take that
> to JTC1 SC34 WG6 at some point, possibly during the FPDAM process
> that amends IS 26300 to align with ODF 1.1.

Sure, but the effect of a cumulative errata document can be achieved in
three ways:

1) by referencing the changes of previous errata in the most-recent errata
2) by including the changes of previous errata verbatim in the most-recent
errata
3) by merging the changes of previous errata into the most-recent errata
at the level of an individual erratum.

These all allow the reader to derive the exact same specification in the
end.  But they differ in some important ways in our ability to maintain
equivalent specifications in OASIS and JTC1.