Subject: Re: [office] Two JIRA Issues for discussion

Dave,

Hasn't there been some work on creating abstract representations of
schemas? For comparison purposes?

I will look for it over the weekend but for some reason I think there is
something other than Trang (which is really cool) that might fit the bill.

But thanks for the reminder about Trang. Fairly sure what work there is
would have cited it as other work or as a reference.

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

Patrick

Dave Pawson wrote:
> On 19 February 2010 16:19, Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> wrote:
>
>> Michael,
>>
>> Switching the schema is a big step but I assume that there are tools to
>> measure formal equivalence of schemas?
>>
>> I haven't looked, therefore the question.
>>
>> If there were some assurance other than "eye balling" the two schemas, I
>> would feel more confident about a last minute change.
>>

> Trang, from James Clark, helps, but has no guarantees.
> rng is currently a superset of XSD, so rng to XSD is not always
> possible.
>
> Yes, you'd have to check a lot of the schema before you trusted
> your conversion.
>
> HTH

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34