Subject: Fwd: OASIS submission of OpenDocument v1.1 to JTC1 for amendment of ISO/IEC 26300

For your information, below is our official transmission of
OpenDocument v1.1 to ISO/IEC JTC1, per the TC's request, Laurent's
approval, and our Board's consent to a partial waiver of the interop
requirement.  This copy omits the attached specification & schema
themselves, which of course come from our repository..

It's our understanding that JTC1/SC34 will look at the form of the
amendment at its next meeting;  we anticipate no problems.  Several
members of our TC are attending that meeting.  Patrick Durusau, who
also serves as the project editor for the JTC1 side, already prepared
helpful non-normative diff documents comparing v1.0-2d-ed (26300) to
v1.1, previously shared with this TC.
.
Thanks again to everyone for the work involved, and your continuing
progress on v1.2.

~ James Bryce Clark
~ General Counsel, OASIS
~ http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.php#clark

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Bryce Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>
Date: Fri, Feb 29, 2010
Subject: OASIS submission of OpenDocument v1.1 to JTC1 for amendment
of ISO/IEC 26300
To: Toshiko Kimura <kimura@itscj.ipsj.or.jp>, JTC1 Secretariat
<lrajchel@ansi.org>

Please find enclosed our submission of "OpenDocument v1.1" to JTC1,
for transposition as the proposed "Amendment No. 1" to ISO/IEC
26300:2006, with the material and on the terms described in the
enclosed explanatory report / cover letter.  The specification itself,
in several formats, along with supporting material, also is attached.

The file name of the cover letter is
"OASIS-OpenDocumentv1_1-submission-to-JTC1.pdf".

Please feel free to contact us with any questions.  Members of the
OASIS OpenDocument TC will be present as liaisons and available to
SC34 in its upcoming meetings as well.

Kind regards  JBC