Subject: OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2010-04-12

OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2010-04-12

* Begin 9:35 EDT

* Rollcall

+Andreas Guelzow
+Cherie Ekholm
+David Wheeler
+Dennis Hamilton
+Donald Harbison
Doug Schepers
+Eike Rathke
+Eric Patterson
+Jomar Silva
+Michael Brauer
+Ming Fei Jia
+Oliver Rainer-Wittman
+Patrick Durusau
+Peter Junge
+Rob Weir (presiding)
+Thorsten Behrens
+Xiaohong Dong

Voting Members are indicated with a + before their name, Persistent
Non-Voting members with an *.

- 16 of 16 voting members (10%) were in attendance, so quorum requirements
were met.

- Membership notes:  Rob noted with sadness the report received this
morning from Japan that our colleague Hideki Hiura has passed away.
Hiura-san was Chief Scientist and CTO of JustSystems, Inc., and in
addition to being a member of the OASIS ODF TC, was an active participant
in the development of open standards in the W3C, ISO/IEC JTC1, OMG, the
Unicode Consortium and the X Consortium.

* Posted agenda was approved by unanimous consent

* Minutes of the March 29th were approved by unanimous consent

* ODF 1.2 InterOp Demonstration

- Without objection the TC approved motion to support an InterOp
Demonstration for ODF 1.2
- Don Harbison was nominated as InterOp Lead.
- No other nominations for InterOp Lead were received
- Without objection, Don Harbison appointed as InterOp Lead.

* Discussion: ODF 1.2

- Part 1:  Public review ended.  219 comments received, 72 awaiting
resolution.

- Part 2: Patrick has uploaded a new WD, Eike will continue entering
resolutions before passing off to Michael for processing to remove
annotations and automated check for consistency.  Should have CD 02 soon.

- Part 3: Public review ended.  5 open issues remaining.  Dennis noted
that we still needed the correct OWL file. Michael said he would upload.

- Overall, looks like 4-6 weeks of work remaining before we can have
simultaneous public review of the 3 parts.

* Discussion: ODF 1.0/1.1 maintenance

- ODF 1.0 Errata : Patrick is working on resolving ballot comments on DCOR
1.  Svante has the pen on the draft of Errata 02.  Rob noted that WG 6
call is on April 28th, and that it would be good to be able to report
progress on these items then.

- ODF 1.1 amendment: "project subdivision" approved at SC34 Plenary.  Next
step is for Patrick to prepare the text of the amendment.

- Rob reported that there has been some discussion in WG 6 of what the
status of ISO/IEC 26300:2006 after ODF 1.2 is approved as an ISO standard.
 There are a number of options, ranging from withdrawal of the older
version, stabilization of the older version, or maintaining both of them,
with different catalog numbers.  If the TC develops a consensus on this
point, we can express it when we submit ODF 1.2 to JTC1.  Some discussion
on this point, with more invited on the list.

* Adjourned 10:17 EDT