Subject: RE: New ballot "OpenDocument v1.2" - Docs Inaccessible

A. I notice that the current ballot only provides for "Final Vote."  I may have been asleep at the switch, but I don't recall ever seeing this.  I have seen ballots where votes could be updated up until the close and I didn't realize there were any other kind.  Is this new?

B. The document URLs listed in the ballot text are not accessible (and I suspect it is because they have been listed a Reference Items in the ballot and been made unavailable to the public):

  1. Access to <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37894/OpenDocument-v1.2-draft3.odt>
resolves to address <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37894/documents.php> and HTTP Response 403 Forbidden
    1.1 The Referenced Item entry at the bottom of the ballot does resolve correctly to
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/document.php?document_id=37894> and its download,
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/37894/OpenDocument-v1.2-draft3.odt>.
    1.2 This document is not available to the public.  Although it was accessible when first uploaded, access at the public URL,
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=37894> now results in a "Sorry, the document you have requested could not be found.  It may have been deleted." Notice for OpenDocument-v1.2-draft3.odt Details.
    1.3 Is this some sort of glitch that results from the documents being referenced in a ballot?  Will this change when the ballot is concluded?

The pattern continues for all of the documents identified in the ballot text and also listed as Referenced Items:

  2. Access to <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37895/OpenDocument-v1.2-part1-cd04-rev08.odt>
resolves to address <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37895/documents.php> and HTTP Response 403 Forbidden.
   The Referenced Item entry at the bottom of the ballot does resolve correctly to
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/document.php?document_id=37895> and its download,
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/37895/OpenDocument-v1.2-part1-cd04-rev08.odt>.
This document is not visible to the public.

  3. Access to <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37726/OpenDocument-v1.2-part1-cd04-rev04-schemas.zip>
resolves to address <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37726/documents.php> and HTTP Response 403 Forbidden.
   The Reference Item entry at the bottom of the ballot does resolve correctly to
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/document.php?document_id=37726> and its download,
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/37726/OpenDocument-v1.2-part1-cd04-rev04-schemas.zip>.
This document is not visible to the public.

  4. Reference to <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37896/OpenDocument-v1.2-part2-cd02-rev08.odt>
resolves to address <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37896/documents.php> and HTTP Response 403 Forbidden.
   It is also somewhat irregular that there is a CD02-rev08.odt but apparently no CD02.odt (nor .pdf nor .html) has ever been published to the document repository.
   The Reference Item entry at the bottom of the ballot does resolve correctly to
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/document.php?document_id=37896> and its download,
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/37896/OpenDocument-v1.2-part2-cd02-rev08.odt>.
This document is not visible to the public.

  5. Reference to <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37897/OpenDocument-v1.2-part3-cd01-rev07.odt>
resolves to address <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37897/documents.php> and HTTP Response 403 Forbidden.
   The Reference Item entry at the bottom of the ballot does resolve correctly to
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/document.php?document_id=37897> and its download,
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/37897/OpenDocument-v1.2-part3-cd01-rev07.odt>.
This document is not visible to the public.

References to <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37666/OpenDocument-v1.2-part3-cd1-rev03-schemas.zip>
resolves to <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37666/documents.php> and HTTP Response 403 Forbidden.
   The Reference Item entry at the bottom of the ballot does resolve correctly to
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/document.php?document_id=37666> and its download,
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/37666/OpenDocument-v1.2-part3-cd1-rev03-schemas.zip>.
This document is not visible to the public.