Subject: Re: [office] Revised ODF 1.2 Part 1 Public Review Ballot Motion

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 15:14 -0600, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> I asked:
> > > Shall further from the three versions of the specification document
> > > (ODF, PDF and HTML) that will be produced after approval as committee
> > > draft the ODF version be the authoritative one?
> >
> > I think a clarification is missing here - which ODF version will we
> > use to publish this authoritative document in?
> >
> Hi Michael,
>
> so looking into OpenDocument-v1.2-cd05.zip it seems the answer is
> "1.2" - isn't that a bit self-referential?
>
> (and sorry for getting back to this so late in the game)

This has come up before. As far as I am concerned there is no way we can
publish the authoritative version of ODF 1.2 in an ODF 1.2 document.

(If we did that it would conceivably be possible that there could be an
implementation that renders the standard with a different content but
conforms with that different content.

Andreas