Subject: Re: [office] REQUEST on Adjustments and Reballoting for ODF 1.2 PublicReview

On 06/09/10 17:55, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>  1. I assume that the new ballot will be conducted electronically, given a
> motion and a second after the modified documents are available.  That way we
> are not hindered by the absence of a meeting on Monday, June 14.

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of the office the last three days.

>  2. Can we please identify the materials for the ballot as CD05-revo1 so
> that what we approve becomes CD06 as approved for submission to Public
> Review?  I know that this will be minor for Parts 1-3, but for the
> main/master or whatever it is, there will be body as well as front-matter
> changes.  (I am attempting to avoid confusion over what particular documents
> are and having two documents with the same identification.)

I don't think we can call the new draft cd05-rev01. Since the ballot was
invalid, we have not approved a CD05. Therefore, we can't call the new
drafts CD05.

>  3. WHAT DO WE CALL THE FRONT PIECE?  It is easy to talk about and refer to
> sections in Parts 1-3.  How do we and others refer to the single document
> formerly known as Part 0?  It is confusing to call it simply ODF 1.2 CD0x
> since that is also the name for the composite set.

Formally, the document is "the standard". Informally, I'm calling this
the overview document.

Michael