Subject: Re: [office] Motion for approving ODF 1.2 as Committee Draft and submitting it for pubic review.

Hi all

I am struggling to understand why so much energy is being spent on
this issue.  The point of the effort is to produce an approved ODF 1.2
standard.  That is a matter of time but is the inevitable outcome.  At
that point the authoritative version of that standard will indeed be
formatted using an approved standard (ie itself).

Is the argument that all the committee drafts produced along the way
should not use the pre-approved format, but then we convert to ODF 1.2
for the final publication?  That seems silly and perhaps prone to
error.  I fully support the current proposal to designate the odf 1.2
version as the authoritative working document.  To me it is a simple
expression of confidence in the end result.

Regards
Bob