Subject: RE: [office] [OASIS Issue Tracker] Commented: (OFFICE-2769)Needs-discussion: 6.19.2 ARABIC function and Turkish "i"s

Andreas said:

>This issue has nothing to do with character conversion, and as far as
OpenFormula is concerned we should not consider locale.

Actually, as has already been pointed out, in this case you have to take care to not be locale-dependent. This is because the dotted lowercase i upper cases to a dotted I. While it may be tempting to just do a upper or lower case conversion, it may not work.

Thus, you have to specify exactly which characters are considered valid input, as was done in the other post, which defined the characters and the hex Unicode values. This is something to pay attention to in general, as most of the time we don't care about locale one way or the other, but in some cases you have to consider it, and in others you have to explicitly not consider it.