Subject: RE: [office] RE: XAdES support in ODF

Bart,

There are no Zip entries for empty directory structures or directory
structures of any kind.  I think you mean <manifest:file-entry> elements.

Agreed there is nothing to sign for a subdocument directory, but that is the
only thing, beside manifest:full-path="/" that should not have a package
file to go with it.

Is Configurations2\accelerator\current.xml signed?  It has 0 length but it
definitely needs to be signed.

Also, I see that you really mean
manifest:full-path="Configurations2/menubar/" which is indeed a subdocument
entry and there is of course nothing to sign.  (Why this junk is in the
manifest is a different matter.  Someone seems to have the idea that every
"/" in a series of path segments means there has to be a subdocument file
entry. That wasn't true in ODF 1.1 and I have no idea what is served by
making useless subdocument file-entries in ODF 1.2 packages.  The fact that
there is no meaningful manifest:media-type value should be a clue.)

Also, manifest:media-type="" is a bug, if you are trying to handle those.
There are no such registered MIME types and there was no provision for
anything but in that attribute, the last time I checked.

I suspect that David is unaware that not every <manifest:file-entry> has a
package file that corresponds to it.

 - Dennis