Subject: Question about (OFFICE-3451) "should" and "may"

Michael,

I am not sure that it is meaningful to say either of "may" or "should" in talking about when attributes in particular style families have any effect.

Regarding <http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3451>:

Can you help me understand where style attributes may appear versus when they matter for an element that references a style having such an attribute.  Aren't they just ignored when they don't matter for an element that references the style, directly or indirectly (i.e., by inheritance or default)?

 - Dennis