Subject: Re: [office] Cleaning up angles

Hi Patrick,

Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 14:33 -0600, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> While cleaning up values and statements about values, I ran across:
>>
>> 20.2 chart:angle-offset
>>

>>> The default value is 90deg.
>>
>> I assume the value is: 90, meaning 90 degrees.

No, the value is indeed 90deg. See Andreas analysis below.

>> Yes?
>>
>> datatype angle
>>
>> See also:
>>
>> 20.75 dr3d.end-angle
>>
>> "If it is the default (360deg)..."
>>
>> Then just 360 in the rest of that paragraph.
>>
>> datatype is angle.

That all appears to be correct.

>> There are places where we define 0, 0deg, 0grad, etc. as legitimate
>> values. See: 20.287 style:glyph-orientation-vertical,

Yes, that is in alignment with the angle datatype

>> Actually on style:text-rotation-angle (which provoked all this), I am
>> not sure that it doesn't allow 0 and 0deg. And in the process contradict
>> the schema.

The attribute allows 0, 90 and 270 (which are interpreted as degrees)
and angle value that correspond to these values. However, the
restriction on these value is expressed in the prose but not in the
schema. That's okay.

>> Thoughts on that one would be appreciated.
>>

> In 18.3.1 we have:
> An angle is a double value that may be followed immediately by one of
> the following angle unit identifiers: deg (degrees), grad (gradiants) or
> rad (radians). If no unit identifier is specified, the value is assumed
> to be in degrees.
>
> so so 360deg, 0rad, 1000.5, ... should all be valid. THe schema is
> pretty useless here:
>     <define name="angle">
>         <data type="string"/>
>     </define>
>
> Note though that style:text-rotation-angle currently does _not_ allow
> arbitrary angles as values:
>                 <attribute name="style:text-rotation-angle">
>                     <choice>
>                         <value>0</value>
>                         <value>90</value>
>                         <value>270</value>
>                         <ref name="angle"/>
>                     </choice>
>                 </attribute>
>
> I think that is a mistake though. We should allow arbitrary angles here
> too!

We didn't allow arbitrary values in the past. We may extend that, but
that's something we certainly should not do in the last minute. That is,
  we should keep the limitation for ODF 1.2, but may discuss for
ODF-Next whether it is reasonable and should be kept, or whether we want
to remove it.

I've notices there are some more comments in

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3407

I will reply to these in the issue itself.

Michael