Subject: Re: [office] Next steps in completing ODF 1.2

On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 01:17 -0600, Michael Brauer wrote:
> 1) After the TC call next Monday, we will retarget all new open ODF
> 1.2
> issues to ODF-Next
>

> 2) We only accept new issues with a CD06 target under the following
> conditions:
>
> a) the issue comes with an uncontroversial resolution.
> (Uncontroversial
> will be mean that there are no "-1" votes in JIRA)
>
> b) or, the TC votes that the issue is important enough to further
> delay
> ODF 1.2.  TC members can request an ODF 1.2 CD06 target on the mailing
> list. If that request is seconded by another TC member, the approval
> of
> the target takes place in the next TC call.
>
> Note that any specific issues deferred to ODF-Next may be
> re-targetted
> to CD 06 according to a) or b).

I believe this suggestion violates the spirit of the required public
review. Any new approved CSD will go to a public review during which we
may receive comments both on the comment list as well as directly from
TC members. We need to address those comments on a one-by-one basis
rather than a genral referral to ODF-Next.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow <andreas.guelzow@concordia.ab.ca>
Concordia University College of Alberta