Subject: ODF Part 3 Encryption Issues Medley Response

From: David LeBlanc [mailto:dleblanc@exchange.microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2010 13:37
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org; 'Hanssens Bart'; 'ODF TC List'
Cc: Rob Weir
Subject: [office] RE: Visible Hashes and PBKDF2

What's the issue number tracking this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 10:20 AM
To: 'Hanssens Bart'; 'ODF TC List'
Cc: Rob Weir; David LeBlanc
Subject: Visible Hashes and PBKDF2

Bart, David, and Rob

I see this on-list exchange as a matter of mutual education on the context and what the existing provisions are.  There is no particular problem although there are a couple of wordings in CD05 that reflect incomplete resolutions of some issues (some effected wordings were not caught in the resolution).

There were previous issues on this topic and I also did considerable analysis.  There might need to be a branch off of a previously-resolved issue to correct some small glitches that have crept into later drafts of ODF 1.2 where it can be seen that the application of previous resolutions needs further adjustment (e.g., remove contradictions because a related paragraph was left unchanged).  But the intention has already been reflected in existing JIRA issues, and the adjustments I see now are quite straightforward.

[ ... ]