Subject: RE: [office] 15-day Committee Specification Draft Review - Dealing with December Holidays

I was asked by a potential European reviewer of CD06 whether the Public Review would extend into the traditional year-end Holiday period.  I had no answer.

I do notice that were CD06 available on the site and the Public Review started tomorrow, December 8, it would conclude on December 23.  Later would of course intrude deeper into the holiday period.

I don't know how the year-end holiday period is dealt with for review and ballot periods, but it occured to me that rather than delay a short review into 2011 in order to not collide with the holidays, it might work better to extend the duration of the review if it starts after December 8 (or even then).

Would that perhaps be a good idea for the CD06 Public Review, especially if there is any overlap with the last 10 days of December?

 - Dennis

PS: On the TAG TC, our second Public Review was for 30 days just because we had made enough changes to the documents that we though having a longer review would be helpful.  There were no holiday issues in that case.  (We received no comments though.)

Dennis E. Hamilton
------------------
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org

-----Original Message-----
From: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org [mailto:mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 04:59
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [office] 15-day Committee Specification Draft Review Request for Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) Version 1.2

The following request has been submitted to the OASIS TC Administrator on 06/12/2010:

Submitter's Name
 	 Michael Brauer
TC Name
 	 OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC
TC Email Address
 	 office@lists.oasis-open.org
Work Product Title
 	 Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) Version 1.2
Committee Specification Draft ##
 	 06
CSD URI
 	 http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/csd06/OpenDocument-v1.2-csd06.html
Additional Resources
 	 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40487/OpenDocument-v1.2-cd05-rev02-diffs.zip
Approval Link
 	 http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/ballot.php?id=1979
Previous Public Review Announcement
 	 http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201007/msg00004.html
[ ... ]

Thank you for your request. We will confirm receipt and schedule the public review shortly. You can follow the progress at:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN