Subject: Tracking issues

Greetings!

Just a couple of thoughts to follow up on the discussion about tracking
issues for ODF-Next.

I think it was Oliver who suggested that we could use due dates and
assignments to track the processing of issues in JIRA.

Since assignee is pretty much all over the place, for various reasons, I
would suggest the following:

1) As of our next TC call, let's agree that we blank the assignee field
for all ODF-Next issues.

2) Let us further agree that when issues are "approved" for inclusion,
at that point, an assignee is given the issue and entered in JIRA, along
with a due date.

If we really want to track things, I would suggest putting the TC
meeting date of the assignment in the JIRA entry for that issue.

3) An issue is not "resolved" until the TC approves the solution
proffered by the assignee.

Thinking that Rob's opportunity to object to features he doesn't like
occurs at #2, which is prior to a lot of effort being spent.

BTW, TC approval for #3 should be on the agenda and notice given that it
is about to be voted on by the TC.

What does the foregoing *not* capture or that could be captured better
by some other mechanism?

Apologies for the early focus on process but I would like to get those
issues out of the way so that we will have a clear status on issues and
a process for dealing with them.

Particularly if we are talking about a new draft every 6 months. (which
I think is a very good idea)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34