Subject: OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2011-01-24 (corrected once)

OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2011-01-24

* Begin 9:36 EST

* Rollcall

+Andreas Guelzow
+Cherie Ekholm
+David Wheeler
+Donald Harbison
Jomar Silva
+Michael Brauer
+Ming Fei Jia
+Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
+Patrick Durusau
+Robert Weir
Steven Pemberton
*Svante Schubert
+Thorsten Behrens
+Thorsten Zachmann

Voting Members are indicated with a + before their name, Persistent
Non-Voting members with an *

11/18 voting members present =61%, so quorum requirements are met.

Membership Notes:

- Jos and Suresh lose voting rights.  Steven gains voting rights.

* Agenda  was approved by unanimous consent.

* Minutes of January 17th were approved by unanimous consent.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201101/msg00462.html

* Discussion: ODF maintenance.

- Waiting for ISO to publish Corrigenda 1
- Waiting for ISO to ballot Corrigenda 2
- Waiting for ISO to ballot Amendment 1 (ODF 1.1)

- ODF TC should plan on producing ODF 1.1 Errata to synch up our text with
Amendment 1 once that specification is approved

* Discussion: ODF 1.2

Michael:  CSD07 and public ballot approved.  Request for public review
sent to TC Admin.  Michael has offered to produce HTML version of the
public review draft.

Rob: Looks like Committee Specification vote may occur last week of
February

Rob TODO:  collect links to disposition reports.  If there are any
missing, send out report.

* Discussion: ODF-Next

- Discussion of ODF-Next proposals

Andreas asked whether proposals are required to be pre-approved.

Rob replied that TC Members can enter proposals directly into JIRA.
However, if a member thinks that their proposal is controversial or if
they wish to solicit early feedback on a proposal idea, they are
encouraged to provide a proposal outline early, for discussion purposes.

Patrick noted that we could get more interest in ODF-Next by pointing to
definite time table.

Rob said that since we were thinking of having a CSD every 6 months, we
could target our first CSD to be 6 months after ODF 1.2 Committee
Specification vote

Michael noted that he had originally proposed Sept target for CSD 01.

Rob took a todo item, to create targets in JIRA corresponding to CSD 01,
CSD 02, CSD 03 and CSD 04

- Discussion on office:version and implementation of drafts

Michael noted that we are constrained by the OASIS Naming Directive.

Rob suggested that we could add an additional attribute, something like
"conforms-to" that lists version of ODF (including draft) to which a
document claims conformance.  A validator could confirm or even generate
the value of this this attribute.

* Adjourned at 10:12 EST