Subject: Publication of ISO/IEC 26300:2006/Cor 1:2010

News has arrived that the ISO/IEC corrigenda corresponding to our ODF 1.0
Errata 01 has finally been published:

http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=55752

From receiving the defect report (2007-12-08) to publication (2010-12-15),
that process took a little over 3 years.

The OASIS portion was completed 2008-11-24, which at nearly a year was (I
think we can all agree)  too long.  This TC received a good deal of public
criticism from SC34 for our delay in responding to their defect reports,
and this criticism was covered in the press, and even ended up in the
OASIS Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization_for_the_Advancement_of_Structured_Information_Standards

Most of the time lost was due to our late start on preparing draft errata.
  Now that the TC have a working style based on using JIRA for processing
comments, we can work much faster, as we've shown on subsequent defect
reports.

But once we did respond and sent our OASIS Approved Errata to SC34, it sat
for a full year, without action by SC34.  And then once approved by SC34
in a 3-month ballot, the resulting corrigenda sat for an additional six
months before publication.  This is unfortunate, that our approved errata,
an uncontroversial set of mainly editorial corrections. took two years to
work its way through SC34.