Subject: Voting rights for Committee Specification ballot

So we're all on the same page for the Committee Specification ballot
coming up, let me review how voting rights are gained or lost.

You gain voting rights by attending two consecutive meetings.  You lose
voting rights when you miss two consecutive meetings.  Your voting rights
change at the adjournment of a meeting.  So, if you have attended one
meeting and are attending now your 2nd consecutive meeting, then you are
not counted for a voting member in that 2nd call.  But your voting rights
would vest at the adjournment of that call, making you eligible for voting
at the next meeting, or for any electronic ballot that issues in the
interim.

That's my summary.  You can read the official process definition for this
here:  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#membership

I don't want anyone to be surprised when the Committee Specification
ballot comes along, so let me tell where things stand.  Looking at the
TC's attendance roster as of now, I see that only four members have the
potential to see their voting rights change based on attendance (or
non-attendance) at next Monday's call:

==== Eike and Thorsten B. will lose voting rights if they do not attend.

==== Robin and Suresh will gain voting rights if they do attend.

Everyone else has either attended the two most-recent meetings, or has
missed the two most-recent meetings.  For them to change their status
would require a change in attendance over two meetings.  So the remaining
members essentially have "locked in" their voting status for the Committee
Specification ballot, assuming it issues before the following TC call
(March 14th).

Of course, I encourage everyone to attend every meeting.

Regards,