Subject: Re: [office] Unnecessary cloning of JIRA issues

"Andreas J. Guelzow" <andreas.guelzow@concordia.ab.ca> wrote on 04/25/2011
04:19:05 PM:

> Why are JIRA issues cloned rather than just retargetted? Cloning will
> split the comments over the differnet issues and make it more confusing
> to talk about them.
>
> If the issue was resolved with a target, then cycling them through
> Resolved->Applied->Closed->Open will open them and allow a new target
> and resolution to be set.
>
> For example now we have two open issues 3312 and 3680 for exactly the
> same issue. The clone 3680 is not needed.

In most cases it will be sufficient to simply re-target the issue by
setting a new "affects version".  I can imagine some less common
situations where an issue is partially addressed in ODF 1.2 with
completion in ODF-Next, but that is better handled via sub issues, to
preserve the connection.

In any case, I think the recommendation for ODF-Next issues was, that if
someone was interested in owning a particular issue, they should assign it
to themselves and set Affects Version to ODF 1.2 and Fix Version to one of
the ODF 1.3 CSD's.  For issues that do not have owners, we can let them
sit for now.