Subject: OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2011-05-16

OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2011-05-16

* Begin 9:30 EDT

* Rollcall

*Andreas Guelzow
*Cherie Ekholm
*David Wheeler
*Donald Harbison
*Jos van den Oever
*Louis Suarez-Potts
*Michael Brauer
*Ming Fei Jia
*Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
*Patrick Durusau
*Robert Weir
*Robin LaFontaine
Steven Pemberton
*Thorsten Behrens
*Thorsten Zachmann
*Tristan Mitchell

Voting Members are indicated with a + before their name, Persistent
Non-Voting members with an *

15/18 voting members present =83%, so quorum requirements are met.

Membership Notes: Eike Rathke is on a leave of absence, Suresh Change
loses voting rights

* Agenda  was approved by unanimous consent.

* Minutes of May 9th were approved by unanimous consent.

* Discussion: ODF maintenance.

The ISO version of ODF 1.0 Errata 02 has been approved in SC34 and sent
for publication as Corrigenda.  Thanks to Patrick and Dennis for their
efforts in creating and reviewing this maintenance work product.

* Discussion: ODF 1.2

Waiting for response from Chet on next step for ODF 1.2.

* Discussion: ODF-Next

Robin reported that mailing list discussions on change tracking are
continuing.  Will have teleconference later this month.

Stephen asked whether anyone would be interested in a workshop on
ODF-Next.  Michael observed that if this is an open conference, we need to
consider how formal contributions may be properly made to the TC for
consideration.  Patrick will check with TAB on how this could be
formalized.  Louis will coordinate an ad hoc call on the workshop.

Robin asked about "ODF-Next" and assumptions regarding version
compatibility.  Rob described the document versus application view on
version-to-version compatibility.  The TC is not constrained beyond the
votes of its own members on whether we make the the next version be a
compatible one or incompatible one.  However, if we follow common
convention, 1.x versions would be compatible with 2.x versions allowing
larger incompatibilities, including possible changes in schema URN.

* Adjourned at 9:57 EDT