Subject: COS Submission Request for Open Document Format for OfficeApplications (OpenDocument) Version 1.2

The following request has been submitted to the OASIS TC Administrator on 17 May 2011:

Submitter's Name
  Rob Weir
TC Name
  OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC
TC Email Address
  [1]office@lists.oasis-open.org
Work Product Title
  Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) Version 1.2
(a) COS URI
  [2]http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01.html
(b) COS URI (editable source)
  [3]http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01.odt
(c) Certification by the TC that all schema and XML instances are well-formed and that expressions are valid
  We so certify
(d) a clear English-language summary of the specification
  Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) Version 1.2 specifies the characteristics of an XML-based application-independent and platform-independent digital document file format, as well as the characteristics of software applications which read, write and process such documents. This standard is applicable to document authoring, editing, viewing, exchange and archiving, including text documents, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, drawings, charts and similar documents commonly used by personal productivity software applications.
(e) relationship of this specification to similar work
  OASIS has two other Technical Committees, the ODF Adoption TC and the ODF Interoperability and Conformance TC which do work that compliments the work of the OpenDocument TC. The OpenDocument TC has liaisons to these other committees.
> ISO/IEC JTC1 approved OASIS OpenDocument v1.0 under their Publically Available Specification (PAS) process as ISO/IEC 26300:2006, and is in the process of approving OASIS OpenDocument v1.1. It is expected that the OpenDocument TC will ask OASIS to submit OASIS OpenDocument v1.2 to them under PAS rules for transposition into an International Standard. There is an OASIS and an OASIS OpenDocument TC liaison with JTC1/SC34, the committee that maintains ISO/IEC 26300. Maintenance is done under an agreement between OASIS and ISO/IEC JTC1 that requires that the ISO version remains “technically equivalent” to the OASIS version.
(f) Statements of Use
Link to Statement of Use #1
  [4]http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201103/msg00090.html
Link to Statement of Use #2
  [5]http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201103/msg00091.html
Link to Statement of Use #3
  [6]http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201103/msg00095.html
Additional Statements of Use
  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201103/msg00096.html
(g) Public Reviews
30-day Public Review Announcement URI
  [7]http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201007/msg00004.html
Additional Public Review Announcement URIs
  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201012/msg00001.html

> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201102/msg00000.html

Comment Resolution Log URI
  [8]http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40474/odf12-cd05-comments.ods
(h) COS Ballot URI
  [9]http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=2024
(i) Earlier attempts to standardize?
  No
(j) TC Comments Archive URI
  [10]http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/
Notes
  Do yourself a favor and consult the detailed response to these questions that we've posted in the ODF TC's document repository:

 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41827/odf12-submission.odt

This standard is in 3 parts, and this form does not have sufficient structure to list all of the parts, in all of the formats, or the various associated schemas. The above document should be much more useful for progressing this work.

Thank you for your request. TC Administration will complete administrative processing and checking for completeness and correctness of the submission within 15 days. If the submission is incomplete it shall be rejected. You can follow the progress at:
  http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-498

  The Standards Development team.

[1] mailto:office@lists.oasis-open.org
[2] http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01.html
[3] http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01.odt
[4] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201103/msg00090.html
[5] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201103/msg00091.html
[6] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201103/msg00095.html
[7] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201007/msg00004.html
[8] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40474/odf12-cd05-comments.ods
[9] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=2024
[10] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/

Regards,
Paul
--
Paul Knight  - Tel: +1 781-861-1013
OASIS - Advancing open standards for the information society