Subject: ODF and Certification

At our last call there was a brief discussion of conformance and
certification. I promised to provide I link to an article that clarified
the range of possibilities, at least in my mind.

Here it is:

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/essentialguide/certification.php

Where we are now is what is described there "Self-Assertion without a Test
Suite".  The work of the OIC TC, if it is able to make more progress,
could lead to "Self-Asserted Compliance (or Self-Certification)" or even "
Self-Certification with Verification".  To go much beyond that would
require a 3rd party organization to get involved.